Künstlerbuch | Artists’ book: Ed Ruscha. Hard Light, 1978
Collaboration with Lawrence Weiner
4-color offset printing on white 60 lb. Mountie Matte paper
17.8 x 12.7 x 0.8 cm
- Edition | 3.560
- Exterior | Softcover, full-bleed, 4-color photographic image on Kromekote 10-pt. C1S paper; laminated in plastic; no text on cover or spine
- Binding | Glued (perfect bound)
- Pages | 120 (52 pages containing 65 photographic illustrations, 8 pages containing captions only, 1 title page, 1 credits/copyright page, 58 blank pages)
- Inscription | Unsigned and unnumbered
- Printer | Color separations by Technical Color Lab, Inc., Los Angeles; offset printing by G.R. Hutter Lithography, Burbank, California
- Publisher | Heavy Industry Publications, Hollywood
- Commends | An overrun of the cover was used as a postcard announcement for the book. Photographs in the book were taken by Ruscha, Lawrence Weiner, and Susan Haller. The characters were played by Shelley Chamerlain, Suzanne Chandler, and Susan Haller.
- The current price for Hard Light is about 700-1000€, available on abebooks
Pictures and Information are taken from:
Edward Ruscha. EDITIONS 1959-1999 | Catalogue Raisonne, Vol. 1: Prints, Books Misc; Vol. 2: Essays, Entries, Information, Minneapolis 1999.