Featuring works by some 30 artists, Ordinary Pictures surveys a range of conceptual image-based practices since the 1960s through the lens of the stock photograph, an under-researched yet pervasive aspect of our visual culture. Despite its apparent throwaway status, the stock image comprises the primary commodity of a $1 billion global industry with far-reaching effects in the marketplace and the public sphere. (source: Walker Art Center)
- Walker Art Center, Minneapolis 2016
- Published on the occasion of the exhibition „Ordinary pictures“, February 27 – October 9, 2016
- Curator: Eric Crosby, Richard Armstrong Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art, Carnegie Museum of Art; with Misa Jeffereis
- Text | Thomas Beard, Lane Relyea, Eva Respini
- Spiral bound | 146 color/25 bw, 208 pages
- ISBN | 978-1-935963-13-4, 50$
- The exhibition includes works by Richard Artschwager, John Baldessari, Steven Baldi, Mary Ellen Bartley, Lucas Blalock, Tom Burr, Sarah Charlesworth, Anne Collier, Phil Collins, Michael de Courcy, Liz Deschenes, John Divola, Aleksandra Domanović, Hans-Peter Feldmann, Morgan Fisher, Hollis Frampton, Jack Goldstein, Rachel Harrison, Robert Heinecken, Leslie Hewitt, William E. Jones, Owen Land, Elad Lassry, Louise Lawler, Sherrie Levine, Guthrie Lonergan, Elizabeth McAlpine, Steve McQueen, Scott Nedrelow, Albert Oehlen, Jack Pierson, Peter Piller, Seth Price, Richard Prince, Amanda Ross-Ho, Edward Ruscha, Stephen Shore, Sturtevant, Larry Sultan and Mike Mandel, Jiro Takamatsu, Mungo Thomson, Wolfgang Tillmans, Tseng Kwong Chi, Julia Wachtel, Andy Warhol, and Christopher Williams.