Künstlerbuch | Artists’ book: Ed Ruscha. Thirtyfour Parking Lots (in Los Angeles), 1967
Black offset printing on white paper
25.4 x 20.3 x 0.3 cm
- Edition | 2413
- Exterior | Glued-on softcover
- Binding | Sewn and glued
- Pages | 48 (32 pages containing 32 captioned photographic illustrations, 14 plank pages, 1 title page, 1 copyright page)
- Inscription | Unsigned and unnumbered
- Printer | Blair Litho, Los Angeles
- Publisher | Ed Ruscha
- Comments | The photographs in the book were taken by Art Alanis. The final image, which crosses a two page spread, has a small flap attached tot he right-hand page that extends the photograph an additional 5,1 cm from the right edge when unfolded.
- Subsequent Editions | Second printing 1974, edition of 2000 unsigned and unnumbered. The title was printed only on the front in the second edition. Also, the cover stock used for the 2nd Ed. was coated and varnished, making the covers in that edition shinier than those in the first.
Pictures and Information are taken from:
Edward Ruscha. EDITIONS 1959-1999 | Catalogue Raisonne, Vol. 1: Prints, Books Misc; Vol. 2: Essays, Entries, Information, Minneapolis 1999.
more artists‘ books